Since 1978, David has been the Director of Disabled Student Services at California State University, Long Beach. He is the chief oversight of program components including Stephen Benson Program for Students with Learning Disabilities, Accessible Instructional Material (AIM) Center for Disabled Students, and WorkAbility IV Program, and LIFE Project – for students on the Autism Spectrum.
Since 1983 he has provided workshops that deal with the spirit, as well as the letter of the law. He also provides general disability awareness workshops that deal with employment, hiring, work site assessment and general knowledge of individuals with disabilities.
COMMITTIES AND AFFILIATIONS
• Director, Planning Committee, Student Services Division, CSULB, 1993-1996, 2000-2014
• Member, University Advisor Council on Planning, 1993 – 1996
• Board of Governors, Disabled Resources Center
• Executive Board, California Association on Post-Secondary Education and Disability (CAPED), 1980 – present
• Chairperson, Disabled Students Services Advisory Committee – 1978 to present
• Member, System-wide Advisory Committee for Students with a Disability
But most importantly, David has a huge heart to serve others.